Best-selling author, therapist, and life coach Dr. Laurie Nadel didn’t just know Wayne Dyer, she was touched by him.
In 2006, Dr. Laurie found herself dealing with an unexpected shift – having been a regular columnist for the New York Times, when she was thrust into unknown waters. It was a meeting with Wayne Dyer and his signature words of wisdom, that gave Dr. Laurie the courage and inspiration to move on with a renewed sense of purpose and vigor. In this tribute to Dr. Dyer, she shares her experiences with him, her thoughts about him and the bigger story that he spent so much time determined to impart to millions of people all over the world – The importance of shifting into the “afternoon of your life.”
In this tribute episode to Dr. Wayne Dyer we discuss:
- Dr. Laurie Nadel’s first powerful interaction with Wayne Dyer.
- Did Dr. Dyer have a foreshadowing of his own passing?
- The afternoon of your life vs. the morning of your life – What does this all mean?
- Ego vs. altruism and Dr. Dyer’s perspectives on these attitudes.
- Dr. Dyer’s intuitive capacity.
- How Wayne Dyer “started over” at the age of 65.
- The philosophy and wisdom of the Tao.
- Can a collective new consciousness be achieved based on Dyer’s idea of a shift of only Pi: 3.1416% of the mass population?
- The cost of ignoring trauma and crisis vs. addressing it.
- Are many people still trapped in the “morning of their life?”
- Does programming your mind to “get what you want” really work?
- How Laurie’s experience of the loss of her home from Hurricane Sandy gave her a profound “mystical experience.”
- The spiritual intelligence of water (the sea).
- How a series of dreams from Laurie’s father and uncle (both passed) warned her about Hurricane Sandy.
- How people pick up a shift in the force or energy field prior to a major event.
- How on the day Wayne died Laurie sensed a sudden “drop out” or silence that signified something major was about to happen.
Relevant links from this episode:
Pastrami and Wisdom – Huffington Post
mindbodynetwork.com – Integrated health and Wellness community
A Conversation with Wayne Dyer by Laurie Nadel
An interview with Dr. Larry Dossey – The One Mind
More about Dr. Laurie Nadel:
Dr. Nadel is a nationally recognized expert on mental health issues stemming from catastrophic events. After September 11, 2001, she was quoted in The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Reuters and the Associated Press. She appeared as an expert on CNN. Since Hurricane Sandy, Dr. Nadel’s work with survivors has been featured in The New York Times, Newsday, CNN.com, and the Associated Press and other publications and websites. She was interviewed on National Public Radio’s Here and Now noontime broadcast.
Laurie Nadel, Ph.D. has been in private practice since 1991. A psychotherapist and business coach certified by the International Coach Federation, Dr. Nadel is a master practitioner of neurolinguistic programming (NLP). Her clients include CEO’s, entrepreneurs, Broadway stars and professionals from many different countries. Phone and Skype sessions are available upon request. She has been a guest on Oprah and Coast-to-Coast AM with Art Bell and George Noory.
Read Dr. Nadel’s full bio here.